X-Ray Technologist Orthopedic Practice - SE Valley
OrthoArizona is looking for a great Team Player who is ready to join our team.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Performs radiologic procedures as requested by physicians.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient chart and department records as required.
- Scanning of documents into patient chart (EMR).
- Keeps the Radiology Manager or Practice Administrator informed of all issues of concern related to Radiology Department.
- Maintains and understands physician protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with DR
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to perform x-rays. Knowledge of radiology equipment. Knowledge of safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, bony mechanics and patient movement. Skill in properly positioning patients. Skill in identifying equipment problems. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, employees, physicians, and the public. Ability to apply written guidelines and standardized work practices. Ability to communicate clearly.
Education: Completion of course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.
Certificate/License: Current certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Current license with the Medical Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners in Arizona. CPR Certification.