Workers Compensation Coordinator
At OrthoArizona, we’re bringing the best together. Our organization was created to help serve ALL orthopedic and podiatry needs throughout the Valley! We have a wide range of orthopedic surgeons and mid-level providers including physical and occupational therapists.
Today we’re one of Arizona’s largest privately owned and most comprehensive orthopedic practices with more than 65 locally and nationally renowned providers across 23 locations, in addition to 2 ambulatory surgical centers and in house state of the art MRI capabilities. At OrthoArizona we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our team members.
Being a part of the OrthoArizona team will allow you to join a company that values patient care and high employee satisfaction. OrthoArizona employees are eligible for a great benefits package, which includes Paid Time Off (PTO), health insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, vision, dental, and 401k.
We are looking for a new Worker’s Compensation Coordinator. The Worker’s Compensation Coordinator works with Work Comp patients; schedules new and existing appointments, completes registration in the practice management system, functions as a liaison for patients between adjusters, nurse case managers and employers. Works with the patients, clinical teams, and business office on accurately preparing the patient for their physician, MRI, or Physical Therapy visit. The Work Comp Coordinator will ensure that the patient has access to the patient portal, sends all forms and receives completed forms prior to the patient visit. They will ensure that patient satisfaction goals are met or exceeded.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Field initial outreach from injured workers or their employers to facilitate services
· Obtain authorization and pre-certification for services as needed
· Schedule workers’ compensation appointments, follow-up appointments, and coordinate the scheduling of ancillary services
· Work closely with employers, insurance adjusters, attorneys, and physician teams to communicate and collaborate on workers' compensation case issues
· Obtain information and entering pertinent data into our computer systems – including the completion and timely distribution of necessary
· Fosters a culture of outstanding patient and customer service showing courtesy in interactions with patients, providers, and co-workers
· Presents good telephone skills
· Responds promptly to patients, co-workers, leadership, and provider requests
Communication and Teamwork
· Expected to be a positive and responsible team member with a positive attitude
· Has exceptional communication skills and presents good oral and written communications
· High school diploma or equivalent is required
· At least one-year medical office administration or clinical experience is preferred, with demonstrated success understanding Workers' Compensation or an orthopedic office a plus
· Multi-tasking and successfully operating in a fast-paced environment, with the demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of telephonic inquiries and documentation workflow with a high degree of accuracy
· Knowledge of Insurance, particularly workers compensation and health insurance provisions are essential
· Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
· Experience with an EHR or Athena Centricity is a plus
· Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare administration or related discipline.
· 3+ years in the workers’ compensation industry
Job Status: Full Time