Radiology Technologist (RT) FT and PRN Position
OrthoArizona is looking for a great Team Player who is ready to join our team in the SouthEast/ East Valley Region.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Performs radiologic procedures as ordered by providers
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient chart and department records as required.
- Scanning of documents into patient chart (EMR).
- Keeps the Radiology Supervisor, Operations Supervisor Manager informed of all issues of concern related to Radiology Department.
- Maintains and understands physician protocols related to DME.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to perform x-rays. Knowledge of radiology equipment. Knowledge of safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, bony mechanics and patient movement. Skill in properly positioning patients. Skill in identifying equipment problems. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, employees, physicians, and the public. Ability to apply written guidelines and standardized work practices. Ability to communicate clearly. Flexibility for PRN schedule coverage
Education: Completion of course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.
Certificate/License: Current certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Current license with the Medical Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners in Arizona. CPR Certification.
Pay: $21 to $26/hour
Hourly Compensation DOE
Job Status: Full Time,On Call