PRT for a Busy Orthopedic Practice
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assign)
- Performs selected medical assisting and administrative duties.
- Perform x-rays and maintain orders in EMR system
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes and records patient’s histories and vital signs.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Prepares injections, removes and applies casts, splints and dressings.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments including sterilization techniques.
- Assists physicians with minor in office procedures.
- Scheduling tests, and treatments.
- Screens telephone calls answers patient’s questions.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Detail orientated, multi tasker and flexibility to work within a team.
- Maintains patient files, records and other information
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of medical practice and desire to assist in giving patient care.
Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
Knowledge of universal precautions, skilled in handling blood products and disposal of contaminated items.
Skilled in maintaining records, and recording test results
Skilled in Orthopedic – casting, splinting, removal and Orthopedic Protocols.
Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with patients, medical staff and the public.
Ability to communicate clearly.
Northwest valley location possible travel to other locations
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time