Physical Therapy Front Desk -PSR
Physical Therapy Front Desk PSR- FULL TIME Position (Gilbert Area)
Hours: Monday-Friday; Hours vary between 6:30am to 6:30pm (8 hour shifts)
Orthopedic office looking for a PT/OT front office receptionists with at least one to two years of medical office experience. Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, be able to multi-task, display flexibility and provide exceptional customer service.
Exceptional customer service skills and Medical Front Office skills.
Must have computer, EMR experience and insurance billing and benefits knowledge.
Our office uses GE Centricity PMS and EMR.
If you would like to be part of our orthopedic team, work with an exceptional staff and receive great benefits please apply!
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
· Maintain a patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the department
· Answers multi-line telephones (within 2 rings). Checks messages.
· Checks-in patient. Gathers and copies forms. Verifies all forms are completed and signatures are in place. Obtains RX from the patient. Makes a copy of RX for Billing. Verifies insurance, copies card. Tracks authorizations. Makes a new patient chart.
· Schedules patient appointments. Places reminder calls to new patients and follow-up patients. Documents no shows and cancellations. Print schedules for the next day.
· Processes incoming therapy orders.
· Maintains patient sign-in sheets. Pulls patient charts. Files charts when complete. Audits active charts. Processes discharge charts.
· Collects payments and give receipts.
· Verifies therapists have all charts ready for the day. Prints the next day’s appointments. Makes copies for each therapist.
· Develops lists and orders needed for office supplies. Maintains necessary quantities of supplies for the office to run smoothly.
· Demonstrates the ability to use information technology in completing assigned job tasks.
· Acknowledges patients immediately when they approach the desk. Makes frequent contact with waiting patients. Demonstrates willingness and ability to go the “extra mile” in meeting customer needs. Represents the clinic professionally.
· Assists in training and orientation of new staff.
· Demonstrates effective communication methods either written, verbal, non-verbal, or electronic. Has a positive influence on others.
· Listens to and acknowledges the concerns of patients and co-workers. Communicates effectively with patients and co-workers exchanging information and opinions constructively. Treats all patients with respect. Does not breach patient confidentiality.
· Exercises good judgment in communication with regard to timing, circumstances, place, and person.
· Prioritizes work activities based on clinic demands to complete assignments within designated time frames with little to no supervision.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
· Ability to work collaboratively and make appropriate decisions
· Ability to act with integrity regarding all matters
· Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgment in solving a problem
· Excellent telephone etiquette
· High School Diploma or higher
· At least 1 to 2 years of Medical or Rehab office
· Working knowledge of computer programs
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients and families