OrthoArizona Orthotech, ATC, Casting, DME Coordinator for Orthopedic Clinic
Busy Orthopedic Practice looking for a qualified individual for our casting/splinting and DME department. OrthoArizona provides great benefit packages including, PTO (paid time-off), health insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, vision, dental and 401K. The right candidate must be able to demonstrate the following proficiencies:
- Performs a variety of routine technical procedures, to assist the provider and provider team in the care and treatment of patients according to practice routine or established policies.
- Responsible for applying, removing and adjusting various casts and splints
- Responsible for fitting of DME products on patients, proper dispensing of DME products, thorough knowledge of DME inventory management system
- Able to answer physician and patient questions regarding casting, splinting, and DME products. Able to educate proper use and specific care regarding casting, splints and DME
- Works closely with providers to ensure that treatment plans are met.
- Troubleshoot all processes related to casting, splinting and DME.
- Educate patients regarding pricing and insurance coverage of products
- Assists clinical teams with patient and clinic flows as needed.
- Maintains a clean and well stocked work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Strong computer skills
- Clinical office experience
- Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology and medical terminology is required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required; relationship building that support collaborative work within the clinic and provide exceptional customer service
- Able to efficiently and effectively document in EMR system
- Proper inventory management
- Able to work in a high-volume environment with attention to detail, able to triage
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to push, pull, squat, twist, turn, lift, bend, stoop and reach overhead
- Certified Athletic Trainer, AZ State Athletic Trainer License, current certification as an Orthopedic Tech or Registered Medical Assistant or comparable medical certification
- Experience with casting, splinting, fitting and dispensing durable medical equipment (DME), preferred but will train
- 1-2 years previous healthcare experience