OrthoArizona - Ortho/DME Tech for Busy Foot and Ankle Practice
Busy Foot and Ankle Practice looking for a qualified individual for our casting/splinting and DME department. OrthoArizona provides great benefit packages including, PTO (paid time-off), health insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, vision, dental and 401K. The right candidate must be willing to travel between locations in our SE Region (North and South Gilbert, Chandler and Mesa) and demonstrate the following proficiencies:
- Performs a variety of routine technical procedures, to assist the provider and provider team in the care and treatment of patients according to practice routine or established policies.
- Responsible for applying, removing and adjusting various casts and splints
- Responsible for fitting of DME products on patients, proper dispensing of DME products, thorough knowledge of DME inventory management system
- Able to answer physician and patient questions regarding casting, splinting, and DME products. Able to educate proper use and specific care regarding casting, splints and DME
- Works closely with providers to ensure that treatment plans are met.
- Troubleshoot all processes related to casting, splinting and DME.
- Educate patients regarding pricing and insurance coverage of products
- Assists clinical teams with patient and clinic flows as needed.
- Maintains a clean and well stocked work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Strong computer skills
- Clinical office experience
- Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology and medical terminology is required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required; relationship building that support collaborative work within the clinic and provide exceptional customer service
- Able to efficiently and effectively document in EMR system
- Proper inventory management
- Able to work in a high-volume environment with attention to detail, able to triage
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to push, pull, squat, twist, turn, lift, bend, stoop and reach overhead
- Certified Athletic Trainer, AZ State Athletic Trainer License, Certified Orthotic Fitter, Certified, current certification as an Orthopedic Tech or Registered Medical Assistant or comparable medical certification
- Experience with casting, splinting, fitting and dispensing durable medical equipment (DME), preferred but will train
- 1-2 years previous healthcare experience
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time