OrthoArizona - Medical Scribe - Mesa
OrthoArizona is looking for medical scribes in the East Valley interested in gaining experience in the medical field. This is a great opportunity to work in the South East Region with Foot and Ankle Surgeons, gaining vital clinical experience if you are Pre-Med, Pre-PA or Pre-Nursing candidate.
Candidate should have exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. You will accompany the surgeon during patient’s examinations capturing medical information and typing the HPI, physical exam, imaging dictation, assessment and plan, entering diagnosis codes, entering orders for office visits and office procedures. Other responsibilities include cleaning and turnover of examination rooms, stocking and aiding in administrative duties.
General office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Hours may vary based on the clinical team’s schedule.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School and/or college degree
- Interest in Medical Field, preferably Pre-Med, Medical School, Physician Assistant, or other healthcare related field.
- Must be able to actively listen with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate high level of professionalism and standards
- Accurate typing skills. Min of 60 WPM
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- EMR use a plus
OrthoArizona employees are eligible for a great benefit package which includes paid time off, medical insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability and 401k plan. There may also be opportunities to observe surgeries in the operating room with the surgeon and physician assistant and cross-train at other locations with other orthopedic specialties.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time