Medical Practice Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist
Job Title: Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist
Summary of Duties: Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies and patient’s for proper payment on accounts.
Supervision Received: Reports to Billing Supervisor or named Manager
1. Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
2. Answers questions from clerical staff and insurance companies.
3. Reviews outstanding accounts receivable balances for prompt payment from medical insurance carriers.
4. Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
5. Processes payments from both insurance companies and patients as well as prepares a daily deposit.
6. Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings.
7. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Three years knowledge in medical billing/collection practices
- Three Years knowledge of medical billing computer programs
- Three years knowledge of medical office procedures.
- Three years knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant, helpful and professional manner
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Experience with GE Centricity is highly desirable.
Environmental/Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Occasional overtime may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Pay: $16 to $20/hour
Depending on experience
Job Status: Full Time