Medical Accounts Receivable Representative
At OrthoArizona, we’re bringing the best together. Our organization was created to help serve ALL orthopedic and sports medicine needs throughout the Valley! We have a wide range of orthopedic surgeons and mid-level providers including physical and occupational therapists.
Today we’re one of Arizona’s largest privately owned and most comprehensive orthopedic practices with more than 65 locally and nationally renowned providers across 23 locations, in addition to in house state of the art MRI capabilities. At OrthoArizona we are committed to best-in-class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees.
Our mission is to provide excellent, compassionate care to our patients, their families, and visitors. Accounts Receivable Representatives are responsible for submitting clean insurance claims, accounts receivable follow-up with insurance carriers and patients for proper and complete payment on patient accounts. Assists patients with arranging payment plans in accordance with practice guidelines report appropriately directed to patient medical record.
This position eligible for a hybrid work schedule after training period!.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigates and reviews all outstanding A/R accounts to ensure prompt and proper payment
- Monitors accounts for accurate billing information and correct accordingly
- Completes appropriate account adjustments with strict adherence to practice guidelines
- Responds quickly and appropriately to email and telephone messages
- Keeps supervisor informed of all issues and concerns related to patient accounts
- Available and able to answer account questions from insurance companies, patients, staff, and provider
- Evaluates patient's financial status and monitor payment plans in accordance with practice guidelines
- Performs various account collection activities
- Receives, processes, and posts patient credit card payments
- Compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, red flag rules
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service
- High school diploma or equivalent and advanced knowledge of medical office functions
- Excellent communication skills with accuracy and diplomacy in discussing financial matters with patients
- Ability to work in a hybrid setting
- Advanced knowledge of billing
- Excellent knowledge of health insurance plans and benefits
- Good computer skills
- 1-2 years medical billing experience