Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
At OrthoArizona, we’re bringing the best together. Our organization was created to help serve ALL orthopedic and sports medicine needs throughout the Valley! We have a wide range of orthopedic surgeons and mid-level providers including physical and occupational therapists.
Today we’re one of Arizona’s largest privately owned and most comprehensive orthopedic practices with more than 70 locally and nationally renowned providers across 30 locations, in addition to in house state of the art MRI capabilities. At OrthoArizona we are committed to best-in-class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our team members.
OrthoArizona is looking for a candidate who has an energetic, upbeat, and positive attitude with professional experience in the Healthcare setting. Delivering great customer service is one of the top goals in this position.
The Licensed Practical Nurse performs professional nursing care under supervision for clinic patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Observes, records, and reports patient condition
* Screens patients for appropriate medical history information
* Communicates instruction for pre and post-operative care
* Arranges for patient admission to hospital
* Performs triage for incoming patient calls
* Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions
* Formulates and updates patient care plans
* Orders, prepares, and inspects patient pre-operative testing
* Communicate any pre-operative results to physician
* Provides monitoring of patient progress between Physician or PA visits
* Working knowledge of computer programs
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of orthopedic examination, diagnostic, and medical procedures
* Knowledge of medication
* Graduation from accredited school for Practical Nursing
* Active and in good standing LPN licensure, AZ Board of Nursing
* Maintain CPR certification Preferred Qualifications
* At least one year of experience in a healthcare or surgical setting