Director, Durable Medical Equipment
OrthoArizona is seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional for the role of Director of Durable Medical Equipment (DME). As the Director, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our DME department, including procurement, inventory management, vendor relationships, compliance, and strategic planning. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient operation and growth of our DME division, which plays a vital role in providing comprehensive orthopedic care to our patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership and Strategy:
- Develop and execute strategic plans for the DME department in alignment with OrthoArizona's overall goals and objectives.
- Provide visionary leadership to the DME team, inspiring and motivating them to achieve exceptional performance.
- Collaborate with senior management to establish departmental goals, budgets, and performance metrics.
- Completes quality control activities, education, and maintain DME compliance at all clinic sites
- Provides assistance to physicians or other technologists in the performance of more complex procedures as needed
- Operations Management:
- Oversee the procurement of high-quality durable medical equipment, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Manage inventory levels, ensuring adequate supply to meet patient needs while optimizing inventory turnover.
- Develop and implement efficient processes and workflows to streamline DME operations, improving productivity and cost-effectiveness.
- Monitor and analyze departmental performance metrics, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions as necessary.
- Vendor Management:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with DME suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing agreements with vendors, ensuring favorable terms and conditions.
- Conduct regular vendor evaluations and performance reviews to ensure adherence to quality standards and service level agreements.
- Compliance and Quality Assurance:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards related to DME operations.
- Implement and maintain robust quality assurance processes, including product inspections, staff training, and documentation procedures.
- Stay up to date with changes in regulations and industry best practices, proactively adapting policies and procedures as needed.
- Team Development:
- Recruit, train, and develop a high-performing DME team, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentorship to team members, facilitating their professional growth and development.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide regular feedback to ensure individual and team success.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business management, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience (5 years) in a leadership role within the DME industry, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Strong knowledge of DME procurement, inventory management, and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and accreditation standards (e.g., FDA, CMS, Joint Commission).
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills, with a track record of successfully managing and developing teams.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in using relevant software applications and systems (e.g., inventory management, electronic medical records).
Join OrthoArizona and contribute to our mission of providing exceptional orthopedic care. As the Director of Durable Medical Equipment, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and expanding our DME department, contributing to the overall success and growth of our organization.