Certified Professional Coder
An orthopedic practice that is made up of over 70 premier specialists, specializing in sports medicine, joint replacements, arthroscopy, fractures, arthritis, and general orthopedic conditions in adult and pediatric patients. OrthoArizona offers a wide variety of services that include physical therapy, diagnostic testing, casting, durable medical equipment, and workers’ compensation.
We are looking for employees who want to work for a fast growing organization with a strong reputation for providing comprehensive high quality musculoskeletal care. We need professionals who share our vision and the commitment to see it through.
General Employee Benefits
We are committed to providing the best benefits options to our employees so we can support their health, wellness, and happiness.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Short & Long Term Disability
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Abstracts medical record documents to determine appropriate CPT procedure(s) and ICD-10 diagnosis
- Reviews physician Operative reports and surgical worksheets for accuracy (Surgical Coders Only)
- Reviews and/or corrects any charges rejected by the insurance carrier and provide feedback to the accounts receivable team
- Utilization of coding software including Codify and AAOS Code-X
- Works closely with departments to optimize reimbursement, ensure charge capture and provide feedback to providers
- Follows the established industry standard and CMS coding guidelines to ensure proper billing of charges - includes CPT-4 and ICD codes as well as modifiers
- Adheres closely to the department’s charge reconciliation process
- Follow up with facilities and medical records staff to obtain operative report(s)
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly coding metrics to ensure timely capturing of services rendered
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be Certified Processional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Orthopedic Surgery Coder (COSC) optional but highly favored
- 1 years of Orthopedic coding experience preferred
- Centricity, CPS, or Athena Healthcare system experience a plus
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Your health, happiness and your future matters! At OrthoArizona, we offer a competitive benefit package, opportunities for growth and so much more!
- Annual coding certification dues reimbursement
- Flexible hours
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law