CERTIFIED MEDICAL CODER- Scottsdale Orthopedic Office
A premiere Orthopedic clinic with locations in North Phoenix and the Scottsdale area is looking for a certified medical coder with an outstanding personality and great customer service skills to assist in our growing medical practice. State of the art facility with x-ray, PT, OT and DME onsite. Our practice serves a diverse population we care for young and old, sports, trauma, and chronic conditions. Easy freeway access to locations. Great community. Minimum two years of Orthopedic EM and Surgery coding experience preferred.
Part-Time position Flexible Hours
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
– Works independently and is self-directed.
– Works effectively in a team environment.
– Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
– Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
– Produces work in high quantity and quality.
– Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
– Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Knowledge of medical terminology.
– Prefer an AAPC Certified Medical Coder
– CPR certification
– Experience in a multi-provider medical practice. (Minimum of 2 years) – Healthcare information systems, GE Centricity Preferred
– Orthopedic experience
– EM, Surgery and Diagnosis coding experience a plus.
– Certified Medical Coding Certification from the AAPC.
Skills / Requirements
Certified Medical Coding Certification from the AAPC.
EMR use and computer skills
EM and Surgery Coding experience preferred
Job Status: Part Time