CERTIFIED MEDICAL CODER- Gilbert Orthopedic Office
A premiere Orthopedic clinic in Gilbert area is looking for a certified medical coder with an outstanding personality and great customer service skills to assist in our growing medical practice. State of the art facility with x-ray, PT, OT and DME onsite. Our practice serves a diverse population (sports, trauma, and chronic conditions). Easy freeway access to locations. Great community. Minimum two years of Orthopedic EM and Surgery coding experience preferred.
Full-Time position Flexible Hours
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
– Works independently and is self-directed.
– Works effectively in a team environment.
– Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
– Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
– Produces work in high quantity and quality.
– Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
– Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Knowledge of medical terminology.
– Prefer an AAPC Certified Medical Coder
– CPR certification
-- GE Centricity
– Experience in a multi-provider medical practice. (Minimum of 2 years) – Healthcare information systems, GE Centricity Preferred
– Orthopedic experience
– EM, Surgery and Diagnosis coding experience a plus.
– Certified Medical Coding Certification from the AAPC.
Skills / Requirements
Certified Medical Coding Certification from the AAPC.
EMR use and computer skills
EM and Surgery Coding experience preferred
Job Status: Full Time