Athletic Trainer Certified
At OrthoArizona, we’re bringing the best together. Our organization was created to help serve ALL orthopedic and sports medicine needs throughout the Valley! We have a wide range of orthopedic surgeons and mid-level providers.
Today we’re one of Arizona’s largest privately owned and most comprehensive orthopedic practices with more than 65 locally and nationally renowned providers across 23 locations and in house state of the art MRI capabilities. At OrthoArizona we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our team members.
Being a part of the OrthoArizona team will allow you to join a company that values patient care and high employee satisfaction. Full time OrthoArizona employees are eligible for a great benefits package, which includes Paid Time Off (PTO), health insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, vision, dental, and 401k.
In the school setting, the ATC will be responsible for providing practice and event coverage at their assigned school. They will work closely with the OrthoArizona Team Physician to ensure the proper care for the student athletes. In the clinic, the Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the physician, physician assistant, and/or therapist with the care of the patient. The ATC also is responsible for all matters involving the clinical care of a patient both during patient hours and on non-clinical days.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides any necessary instructions/directions
- Enters and reviews information into electronic medical records
- Splinting and casting patients as necessary.
- Stocking rooms and cleaning instruments following patient hours.
- Handling clinical matters in a timely manner (same day) including but not limited to post op questions, work notes, disability paperwork, prescriptions, and general questions.
- All other items the physician deems necessary that fall within reasonable expectations and within scope of practice.
- Provides coverage for practice/events which includes emergency action plans, location set-up, first aid, on field assessments, communication and/or treatments, under the direction of their supervising physician for each event.
- Proper documentation when out working practices and events